Monday 28 November 2011

A Day of Rest


Everyone needs a day off. I know I do. 

Saturday evening I came down with a nasty bit of flu – or something. Whatever it was, it made it impossible for me even to be present in Church yesterday, let alone to stand in the Altar for the morning. So – my lead chanter, who happens to be my dear wife – led Readers Services, Orthros followed by Typica, while I lay sick in bed. I thank God for the prayers of the Faithful in our little Community.

Everyone needs a day off. And, for me, yesterday wasn’t it. Yesterday was a sick day – not a day of rest – although I did end up resting for most of the day. 

Monday’s are my usual day off, and on this one I woke up this morning feeling much better. Much better. Thanks be to God.

So for today, something restful:

2 comments:

  1. Praying you feel and get better soon dear Father!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, dear one. I thought I was getting better this morning, but then... By your prayers. []:-{)

    ReplyDelete